The legislation concerning permitted development for non domestic building has changed as of 6th April 2010.

Interim guidance has been issued by the Department for Communities and Local Government and is available from the Planning Portals Website via the link below.

The new legislation covers how building can be altered and extended without planning permission and deals with the following types fo buildings:

Industrial and warehouse development
Schools, colleges, universities and hospitals
Office buildings
Shops or catering, financial or professional services establishments

For example, you may be able to extend and office by up to 50m² under the new legislation without the need to apply for planning permission.  Schools, hospitals and universities will be able to build facilities more easily.

Interim Guidance from Planning Portal

If these new rules may apply to a project that you have in mind then please call Bromilow Architects on 0151 625 0942 for more information.

No Comments

Leave a Reply